The Philippine Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (PSO-HNS) 2018 Mid Year Convention focuses on the subject of dysphagia. The course caters to Otolaryngologist fellows, diplomates, residents and medical practitioners.
The Mid Year Convention is a 3 day course that will cover topics from common diseases that cause dysphagia, advance diagnostics, modern therapeutic, rehabilitative and nutritional strategies for the management of dysphagia and co-morbidities via a multi-disciplinary/specialty approach.
The Convention will also deliver topics on earthquake preparedness, ethical perspective on end of life issues, medico legal awareness for the Data Privacy Act and presentations on research outcomes and outputs of the PSO-HNS.
- To raise awareness and compliance of medical professionals and organizations to the Data Privacy Act.
- To introduce and demonstrate current diagnostic approaches for the evaluation and management of dysphagia in adults and the pediatric age group.
- To educate health professionals on nutritional, functional assessment, rehabilitation and management of the swallowing disabled.
- To promote the multidisciplinary approach for dysphagia patients via interactive learning session on dysphagia patient cases.
- To educate, raise awareness and introduce strategies on disaster preparedness for major earthquakes.
- To promote and educate the health professionals in managing and counseling patients on Ethical aspects with respect to End of Life Issues.
- To present the research outcome of the PSO-HNS Southern Tagalog Chapter Hearing Survey.
- To empower ENT-HNS researchers to high light their research output to the PSO-HNS via the PSO-HNS interesting case research paper contest.